Hi, I’m Kimberly. How can I help you?
Are you ready to dig deep and learn ways to strengthen your roots of wellness for greater resilience and well-being? Whether you are looking for ways to vitalize your life, ready to incorporate a more aligned approach for managing chronic illness, or hoping to amplify your existing wellness strategies, I would love to be your guide.
I take a Vitalist and Wise Woman approach to your wellness needs. This means I look at you as a whole person who is interconnected with the web of life, not just the symptoms or disease (dis-ease = lack of ease) you are experiencing. I believe that our bodies have a vital intelligence that desires to heal, always. Together we can support your body’s desire for harmony and balance through the 8 Roots of Wellness. This includes herbs, but just as importantly – nutrition, pleasure, rest, lifestyle habits, and more.
What is Herbalism?
Herbalism is the art and science of using herbs to enhance health and/or prevent illness. Humans have evolved alongside plants and used herbs as their primary form of medicine since the beginning of time. Herbalism is still the primary form of medicine used throughout much of the world and has a written history of more than 5000 years in ancient medical texts from Greece, China, India, and beyond. Even though modern medicine today has overshadowed human’s deep relationship with herbs in some ways, herbs are still an effective and powerful way of enhancing health.
What’s amazing about working with plants for wellness is that unlike pills created in labs, plants are alive and have evolved alongside us for thousands and thousands of years. This means our bodies are uniquely adapted to utilizing and assimilating herbs. Generally, this means herbs have less side effects than Western medicine. Just as Western medicine has a time and place, so does the medicine from the living world around us. Because herbs are so complex and contain many different chemical constituents, one herb can offer a wide range of benefits. For example, an herb like peppermint can benefit digestion, stimulate the senses, cool or warm the body, relieve congestion, and alleviate a headache. Herbs offer beautiful complimentary support to more traditional medicine models and can also stand alone in their capacity to support the body.
Why work with an herbalist?
Herbalists who practice a Vitalist tradition, like me, are trained to focus on people as whole individuals irrespective of the disease or condition they have. I believe that we each possess inner healing power. My role as an herbalist is not to “fix” you, but rather to guide you in unlocking your own healing through the use of holistic interventions like herbs, diet, and lifestyle modifications. Together we will:
- Talk about factors which may be preventing your body from healing
- Discuss your body’s natural healing potential
- Discuss empowering lifestyle modifications and habits
If you are committing to working on your Roots of Wellness together, let’s chat! **
Are you ready to work together?
If you are ready to take the next step to holistically empowering your health journey, I’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you can expect in my Tend Your Roots Coaching Package:
- We will schedule 3 appointments together. I find that committing to the three sessions up front provides the best wellness results and ensures that we will be able to track your progress. The first appointment is an initial intake where we dig deep into your personal health journey. This consultation usually last between 60 and 90 minutes, giving us plenty of time to thoroughly sift through where you have been, where you are, and where you want to go. I will consider your medical history, your family medical history, your diet and lifestyle factors such as sleep quality, movement, emotions, spiritual considerations, etc. I may also ask what you have tried before, whether you have had any medical tests, and I will need to know what medication or supplements you are taking.** (see below for disclaimer).
- The second appointment is a brief follow-up which will be scheduled in the few days after our intake. This meeting will be about 20–30 minutes and we will discuss a protocol and lifestyle modifications to follow. You will also be provided with a PDF summarizing your protocol and recommendations.
- The third meeting will be 3-4 weeks after the follow-up meeting. We will discuss your progress and decide if there are any elements of your protocol that we would like to modify.
These three part coaching experiences are priced at $150 for all three sessions, not including the cost of herbs. If you are in need of financial assistance, please let me know and we can discuss some options. I would like everyone to be able to get what they need. Appointments for existing clients who have already completed the initial experience are also available at a rate of $60 per appointment. I can also provide one-off consultations for acute situations (like cold/flu/etc.) that don’t require follow-up for a rate of $1/minute.
To Get Started, submit the contact form below. I’ll get back to you shortly.
*For emergencies call 911 or visit your nearest hospital.
“Nourishing yourself in a way that helps you blossom in the direction you want to go is attainable, and you are worth the effort” ~Deborah Day
“Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain.” ~Robert Gary Lee
“Health is a large word. It embraces not the body only, but the mind and spirit as well; and not today’s pain or pleasure alone, but the whole being and outlook of a man.” ~ James H. West
"By understanding how vitalism extends into every corner of your life, you can make choices that energize you and fill you with vitality." ~Sajah Popham
**Disclaimer: Please remember, I am an herbalist and NOT a doctor. Anything we discuss is not intended to treat, cure, diagnose, or replace your existing medical care. The information provided is for empowering educational purposes. Your health is in your hands! Listen to your body; you know what is best for you.