Joyful Roots is all about community and we would love for you to be a part of it! If you have a story to tell, advice to share, or a project to inspire with, let us know!
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Personal stories and life lessons related to following your bliss, building a passion-driven business, or being a creative entrepreneur.
- Tutorials and guides that will help other creative entrepreneurs learn a new skill or manage their business better. A Book or product review works too as long as there is a fun and personal story to accompany it.
- Inspiring and joyful art and design projects. These can include illustrations, paintings, drawings, exhibits, garden designs, web designs, graphic designs, and unique product designs. We especially love projects that involve some aspect of nature, but that is not essential.
We’ve got a few requirements, but anything is flexible if you have a good reason to throw rules aside (you rebel, you).
- Your contribution should be roughly 500 to 1000 words, but a little longer is ok.
- A descriptive and short title. Think about what would make you read a post. Does it explain what the content is about in a snazzy way?
- A conversational style is preferred. Go ahead and be yourself; we want to get to know you!
- Images are a great addition to any post. If you have your own, please make sure you have permission from the original author to use the images. Any images that you have personally created are wonderful! If you need help finding images, we have a plethora of artists that have agreed to share their work here, so ask and we’ll help. If we feel an image is not appropriate for the site we’ll tell you, so please don’t be offended.
- A 50-word or less bio all about you! This should be concise and explain who you are and your interests in a nutshell. We’ll also need a small picture of you and links to your website/social media accounts (if you want to include those).
- If we feel that your contribution doesn’t quite fit with the overall mission of Joyful Roots, we may ask for you to refine and tweak it. We can help you with that if need be. Please keep in mind that we may not be able to use your piece at all if we feel it’s not in line with our mission.